The following have been identified as potential risks to the delivery of the FAS VFR Implementation Programme Packages of Change:
- Lack of volunteer technical expertise from the GA Sector.
- Lack of human resources from the GA Sector
- Lack of resources within CAA to support the change process.
- Lack of political will to take required decisions.
- Lack of support from ANSP’s and Airports/Airfields.
- Lack of willingness on behalf of the MOD to play a full part in FASVIG.
- Lack of sufficient financial support.
- Lack of support from the GA Sector at large due to longstanding scepticism.
- ICAO/EASA standards or policies that may not suit the UK.
Mitigations of these risks will be addressed, where possible, in the subsequent FAS VFR Deployment Plan.